Re: GNode into a CTree

On Sat, Aug 01, 1998 at 05:48:20AM +0200, Tim Janik wrote:

> ok, after some ramblings with pavlov on irc, i guess we should provide
> a recursive function gtk_ctree_insert_gnode() which will walk a GNode
> tree and call a user defined handler function to construct the columns
> contents from a GNode tree.

Sounds reasonable.

> /* the arguments of GtkCTreeGNodeFunc are mostly taken from
>  * gtk_ctree_insert(), but passed by reference, so they can
>  * (and should) be modified by an implementation of
>  * GtkCTreeGNodeFunc.
>  *
>  * notes:
>  * - `n_columns' specifies the maximum index + 1 for text[].
>  * -  the `is_leaf' argument can be determined automatically
>  *    through G_NODE_IS_LEAF (node), and thus doesn't need
>  *    to be passed to GtkCTreeGNodeFunc.

G_NODE_IS_LEAF is not enough, because you can't distinguish between
an empty container and a real leaf, which can't hold some other node.
(This distinction at least is needed for the reorder ability of CTree)

>  * -  `ctree_depth' is provided to give the GtkCTreeGNodeFunc
>  *    function a hint to determing the value for `*expanded'.
>  * -  the gboolean return value determines whether a GtkCTreeNode
>  *    should actually be created from this GNode.
> */

[...]

> i guess, that's enough for people to get the basic idea. i'm curious to
> hear comments on this issue, especially from lars ;)

The rest looks very good. :)
I'll try to use GNodes in CTree too, but those changes could take some time.

> i'll most probably be out of town until sunday evening, so don't expect
> me to reply too fast ;)

dito. ;)

bye,
  Lars