Re: glib-tml-980819-0.patch

Michael T. Smith writes:
 > On Fri, 21 Aug 1998, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
 > lcc-win32 gives a stack trace down to the exact line if you compile
 > everything with -g4 (mixing modules might be possible with -g3, and will
 > show a function call trace without making use of the stack (?)).

Hmm, what is lcc-win32 and where do I get it ?

 > You might try using the standard C functions, printf fprintf etc. They
 > should all work using either CRTDLL.DLL (minimalist gnu-win32, lcc) or
 > MSVCRT??.DLL, and follow redirection correctly.

Yes, but isn't the problem here that g_log_default_handler should work
even if stdio has been seriously damaged by lack of memory? Isn't
that's why it uses straight system calls on Unix? (Or is it the case
that if you are this seriously out of memory on Windows, something is
screwed up and you will have to reboot anyway, so we could as well
just try fprintf...:-))

--tml