GtkList behaviour once more

Hello,

is there any reason for the following which changes the
GtkList behaviour in the GTK+1.1 versions?

I heavyly relaed on the feature of GTK+1.0.x that list items
can be selected with *ALL* mouse buttons but gtklist.c says:

-----------------------8<-------------------------------------------

static gint
gtk_list_button_press (GtkWidget      *widget,
		       GdkEventButton *event)
{
  GtkList *list;
  GtkWidget *item;

  g_return_val_if_fail (widget != NULL, FALSE);
  g_return_val_if_fail (GTK_IS_LIST (widget), FALSE);
  g_return_val_if_fail (event != NULL, FALSE);

  if (event->button != 1)    /**************** WHY THAT????? ****************/
    return FALSE;

  list = GTK_LIST (widget);
  item = gtk_get_event_widget ((GdkEvent*) event);

------------------------>8-------------------------------------------

Can anybody tell me a reason for this change?

If there is any reason it seems that I have to live with
it.  Does anybody have a clue how to do selections with
the other mouse buttons in this case??
I explained in former (mostly unanswered :-() mails how it
makes sense!

If there isn't any importand reason please change it back to the old
behaviour!

Thank you very much for the whole well done job which
gives great help in GUI programming.

Kind regards

      Andreas.