Re: Gdk postscript support

>  That's right: a DTP or vector graphics app will use postcript
>  directly anyway, but not all gtk+ programmers are going to learn
>  postscript! They learnt gdk anyway, and the quality of the
>  generated postcript is good enough for most of us, with a
>  simple interface and very little changes to existing code.
>  My local copy of gnome_canvas has a gnome_canvas_render_to_pixmap()
>  function that I use to print to a postcript drawable (it's the
>  same as the paint() function, only drawing to the specified pixmap
>  and not a temporary one).

Ah.  Please note that Raph Levien is working on merging his
anti-aliased canvas code into the GnomeCanvas.  This plugs into the
libart rendering back-end, and should plug trivially to the
gnome-print libraries.

The plan for the Gnome printng system is for users to use the canvas
for a nice display and then tell it to create a high-quality printout
using Postscript or direct bitmap output.

  Federico