Re: GNOME CVS: glib sopwith

On Tue, 15 Dec 1998, Jeff Garzik wrote:

> the gcc man says:

Already ready it... :)

> The right way should be to have a macro check for a broken -fstack-check.

Even if -fstack-check worked as advertised, it would provide no benefits -
programs are written to either get resources they request or abort(), and
it is especially useless to do checking on stacks, which are used
implicitly by many operations (such as simple function calls). Programs
compiled with -fstack-check will crash slowly. Programs compiled without
-fstack-check will crash faster. Oh wow, I guess I need to specify
-fstack-check.

If people find that they need it, nothing is stopping them from specifying
it themselves.
-- Elliot
"In film you will find four basic story lines. Man versus man, man
 versus nature, nature versus nature, and dog versus vampire."
    - Steven Spielberg