Re: Exporting the Gtk+ object system to interpreters [was: no_marshall signals and GtkTypeInfo]

Kenneth Albanowski <kjahds@kjahds.com> writes:

> > > Arguments to signals?
> >
> > No, more generally.  What are you doing with the object system from
> > Perl?
>
> Sorry, I still don't follow what you are asking. Could you restate
> that?

Why do you want to export the Gtk+ object system to Perl?  What things
are you/your users doing with it?  Creating new composite widgets like
the TicTacToe widget from the Tutorial, or hooking really deep into
Gtk+ to write something like the Dial widget?  At what points becomes
Perl/Gtk too limited so that you have to `escape' to C?

I ask this because I'm not really familiar with programming in Gtk+.
I want to judge how important it is to get this object system jazz
right.  Or if one can just say: "Too tricky to get right, use this
approach instead."