Manuals (Re: Seemingly Simple Question)

>From:	Andreas Tille <tille@physik.uni-halle.de>
>
>On Fri, 18 Dec 1998 celer@ipro.ml.org wrote:
>
>> Ok I am making a calendar widget. But I can't figure out how to change the
>> labels on buttons and toggle buttons after I have created them. For
>> instance..
>
>Was it today when I read the answer to this question on gtk-list???

And there might be an entry on it in GTK tutorial. Perhaps testgtk.c
has one implemented. "cat gtk/*.[ch] | grep label" might reveal something.
If you know a GTK proram which does the thing, answers to simple questions
might be found there.

Ok. Looking on your own may be sometimes difficult but if that is not
done at all, then it is worst.

While I'm at it: X11 distribution contain a good manual to Xlib (but also
to Instrincts, Xt library). I have mainly used it to find out the event
structures and to look what is in Xlib in hope to get a glue what to search
for from GTK. I have had this idea about writing Gdk/Gtk manuals based
on those X manuals. Gdk is quite close to Xlib and Gtk is quite close to Xt.
Even we could not exactly copy the X manuals, it at least given a structure
for the manual. If interested in looking on this approach to writing Gdk/Gtk
manuals, please mail me.

Yours,

Juhana