Re: Forking gettext

Ulrich Drepper wrote:
> Listen carefully: don't ever complain if you have not done anything
> yourself.  I haven't seen any reasonable patch for gettext which is
> missing in the last test release.  If you want to create your own,
> incompatible version, fine, go on.  But it's me who decides what goes
> in the real release and if I think an approach is wrong and don't get
> convinced otherwise it's final.

hmmm.  Am I allowed to complain if I sent you a bug list accopanied by
an offer to help, and was turned down?  I think your response is here
somewhere....:)

If memory serves, makefiles and autoconf stuff (what I deal with
mainly) could use a healthy update, to use the more recent GNU
makefile targets and to be smarter about detection.  GNU xgettext is
required even with --with-included-gettext, and a few other libintl
issues included in my first e-mail to you.  Some other programmers
had specific gripes too :) but I'll let them post (or not) about that.

	Jeff