Re: Exporting the Gtk+ object system to interpreters [was: no_marshall signals and GtkTypeInfo]

Kenneth Albanowski <kjahds@kjahds.com> writes:

> Ah, now I understand what you are asking. I simply want to be able
> to code a widget in Perl that is as good as any widget coded in C.

Yes, s/Perl/Scheme/g and you have my `dream' as well.  What you said
actually encouraged me, and so I will press on to make it happen.

[snip]

> Also, I think by proving that everything can be managed outside of C,
> using Gtk in languages other then C _or_ Perl becomes easier. Scheme,
> Eiffel, Java, whatever.

Yes, exactly.  But Gtk+ itself needs to make this easy, too.  We are
very, very close.

Thanks for your clarification.