XIM stuff

Ever since XRegisterIMInstantiateCallback with friends was introduced, I
have been unable to get a working gtk on Solaris 2.6 (X11R6)..
example: testgtk->font sel->pick a font

In gdk_im_instantiate_db, XRegisterIMInstantiateCallback is called, but
on Solaris it returns False (failure) ... On my linux-boxes I get True
(success)...
When looking at the X11R6.4 sources, I get should False when:
* lock is set (looking at the sources, this should never happen)
* Xmalloc fails (shouldn't happen either, a few 100MB's free)

The R6.4/Xsun source is prolly different...

This makes things become uninitialized and makes other stuff break..

Solaris 2.5.1 uses R5, and doesn't have the XReg...Callback, so it just
doesn't use it, and it works, but otoh.. yosh tried a solaris 2.5.1 box
with R6 and it works...?

If I have LC_CTYPE set to en_US I get into the programs, but crashes
when it tries to use some ic stuff... if I unset it (like yosh does), it
crashes in gdk_im_open when calling XReg..Callback ...

Solaris 2.6/R6 without USE_XIM works... (What do I lose?)

.. h..heelp?

I could try this on a different system.. but now I have to get some
sleep... Will do tomorrow..

/Tomas
--
Tomas Ögren, stric@ing.umu.se, http://www.ing.umu.se/~stric/
|- Student of Computer Science at the University of Umeå