Re: gdk breakage causing memory corruption

On Tue, 29 Dec 1998, Mark Spencer wrote:
> After hours of trying to discover a bug that was causing cheops to crash
> on gtk 1.1.9, I finally had the bright idea of linking with -lefence, and
> after about a half hour of waiting for the application to run (it was
> really slow with efence), it finally broke here:

> 0x402db503 in gdk_wcstombs (src=0x43bd6fc8) at gdkim.c:1494
> 1494            mbstr[i] = src[i];
> (gdb)

If this breaks, it is likely the null termination on a string is being
lost.

I just took a look at this code -- it looks kinda strange.  mbstr is
gchar*, while src is guint32* (a.k.a. GdkWChar*).  Maybe more logic needs
to go here?

These sort of questions would be more appropriate on
gtk-list@redhat.com...

	Jeff