Re: Endian portability #defines in GLIB

Quoting Manish Singh (yosh@gimp.org):

> This was a feature requested by someone on irc, and I think it's good idea.
>
> Simply put:
>
> #ifdef WORDS_BIGENDIAN
> #define G_BIG_ENDIAN
> #else
> #define G_LITTLE_ENDIAN
> #endif
>
> in glib.h. WORDS_BIGENDIAN is derived from the built-in autoconf test.
>
> Just a small, simple addition to enhance glib as a portability lib.

GREAT !! I'm longing for a porting lib for *sooooo* long now :-)
My big dream would be to get rid of configure for every package and
instead use such a library which gives the same interface for anything
which might be below.

--
Aaron "Optimizer" Digulla             Team AMIGA     AROS Head of Development
Author of XDME, ResTrackLib, CInt.		       <http://www.aros.org/>