Callbacks using ItemFactory

Hello everyone,

	I'm stuck on an ItemFactory issue, and the tutorial doesn't
seem to give me the info I need. I've at least LOOKED at the source,
but it's a little terse in that particular area, and I hoped I could
prevail on someone here for the information.

	How do you get a callback from a menu item (created with a
	menu factory) to pass the callback function a parameter?

	(What if the example given in tut-13.html wanted to
	 pass a specific string to the print_hello function?)

Or, indeed, do I need to keep a (gasp) global somewhere and circumvent
all this nice OO stuff?

Thanks in advance,
-Jeff