Re: New 'GObject' as base for GtkObject?

On Tue, 7 Dec 1999, David Benson wrote:

> Yes, that would really be great!!!
>
> Unfortunately a lot of people get glib/gdk/gtk confused
> (nonprogrammers) so it would probably be nice to clarify
> in some easy-to-find place that use of gtk => all of them,
> if we do make the substructure more complex.
>
> I really hope this change is approved of, it should be
> extremely easy to separate:
> 	gtkobject
> 	gtksignal
> 	gtkarg
> 	gtktype{builtins,utils}
> As I think they depend on nothing else... my sound program
> (gdam) could really use this, as gtk is a large library
> if you aren't using its widget subset.

i guess you really want to take a look at the BSE type/object system
used in the BEAST (bedevilled audio system) implementation, living
in the GNOME CVS beast module.
you'll find most (i not all) of your needs covered there in a more
appropriate way for sound systems than with gtk's.

> - Dave

---
ciaoTJ