Avoiding flickering II

Hi again,

I wrote a small program, that creates a window using only gdk. I removed
the following lines from gdkwindow.c, function gdk_window_new:

      xattributes.background_pixel = BlackPixel (gdk_display,
gdk_screen);
      xattributes.border_pixel = BlackPixel (gdk_display, gdk_screen);
      xattributes_mask |= CWBorderPixel | CWBackPixel;

In this case there was no window contents. If you use gdk with those
three lines your window will be filled with the background color. After
that I tried the same in gtk based program - just a top level window
with no redraws (My window is a successor of GtkWindow, and overwrites
expose_event and draw). The result was surprising - the window was
filled with a background color!

Who, the devil, is refilling my window? I guess, this occurs because of
the styles (i.e. the style handling routines maybe change the background
attributes of my window). But this is MY window, so I feel, I have the
rights to do whatever I want with it. So, I thing that the styles
handling code should be changed too, if you agree with my previous
message.

	Ivan

--
Sent through Global Message Exchange - http://www.gmx.net