GdkRGB behaviour

	In Havoc's book, "GTK+/Gnome Application Development", page 237,
paragraph 1 says (with regard to GtkRGBs):

" The drawable you intend to copy the RGB buffer to must use GdkRGB's
visual and colormap.  If the drawable is part of a widget, the easiest way
to ensure this is to push the GdkRGB visual and colormap when you create
the widget:
[...snip example code...]
The current version of GTK+ will behave better if you do this when
creating the toplevel window containing the drawable, instead of when you
create the drawable itself.  However, in principle you can do it for only
the drawable. "

	I'm considering using a GdkRGB to try to speed up the rendering of
the GtkText widget.  Since the widget itself will never be the "toplevel"
window, I'm wondering if this would be a bad idea.  Has this been fixed?

Thank You,
Derek Simkowiak
dereks@kd-dev.com