Re: Try again: GdkPixmap

> > 	My next design attempt is with the GdkPixmap.  I'd like to render
> > the text offscreen, into a GdkPixmap, and then simply copy the pixmap into
> > the visible text window.

> Won't this be _extremely_ slow on slow connections compared to sending
> only the text itself and the font information, the way X does it AFAIK?

	This is what I'm afraid of, but I'm not sure.  From what I
understand, a GdkPixmap is just a handle to a server-side resource, so
when I call gdk_draw_string() on it I'll only be sending the text
information to the server.  As it stands, with the background pixmap
support we're already using a pixmap...

--Derek