Re: New 'GObject' as base for GtkObject?

Havoc Pennington <hp@redhat.com> writes:

> Moreover once you get past syntactic issues

>From a "how do I wrap this ?" standpoint, these syntactic issues are
99% of the problem. :-)

> and look at functionality GTK+ is much more in the
> rich-dynamic-object-system spirit of Java and Smalltalk than most
> "modern" C++ toolkits are.

C++ hardly encourages dynamic typing, the comparison is not very
valid. It's a dynamic object system because it can't be otherwise.

> Interfaces are the only thing it really lacks, and those are indeed
> being added because people realize it's important.

And compile-time type safety too, but this can't be done.

> Now I'm going to try to figure out how killfiles work in Gnus...

There aren't any, Gnus use scoring instead.

Bill, even though I agree with you on the principle, I really suggest
you put it to rest now.

--
					Guillaume.
					http://www.worldnet.fr/~glaurent