Re: New 'GObject' as base for GtkObject?

> "Shawn T . Amundson" <amundson@eventloop.com> writes:
> > [...] Writing applications in C with GTK+ is currently top-notch.

> ... I find what you say extremely hard to believe.

I can only assume that he means "writing applications in C with GTK+
is currently top-notch in comparison to writing applications in C with
other toolkits". This may well be true, given the kind of toolkit available
to the C programmer.

Taken at face value, however, the statement is plainly false. Subclassing
in a language without overriding will always be painful. Manual storage
allocation in a language without garbage collection will always be
painful. There are things that -- if they want a C library -- the GTK+
authors will have to accept.

--
"We must be our own, before we can be another's."
	-- Ralph Waldo Emerson