Re: getpwuid_r again (problem if compiling -static)

HI, Damon

> If I compile an app with -static I get the warning:
>
> GLib-WARNING **: getpwuid_r(): failed due to: No such user 1000.
>
> I think this is another glibc bug - it returns the wrong error code
> when there is insufficient space.
>
> Anyone else get it?

Yes, I got two reports for that error, thats why I put the old getpwuid()
call in if the getpwuid_r call doesn't succeed. The error-message is a bit
misinformative, but it tells what the program must think according to the
specs of the function. So it surely is a libc bug (whatever libc it might
be).

Anyway, the program should work and the warning might remind the people
using it to file a bug report againt the libc ;-) At least in the free
software community such things should be fixed fast, shouldn't they?

Bye,
Sebastian
--
Sebastian Wilhelmi                   |            här ovanför alla molnen
mailto:wilhelmi@ira.uka.de           |      är himmlen så förunerligt blå