Re: Plans for 1.3/1.4

On Sat, 27 Feb 1999, George wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 27, 1999 at 02:12:22PM -0500, Jeff Garzik wrote:
> > > I wanted to get things rolling with planning for the
> > > 1.3 development series of GTK+ and 1.4.
> >
> > Along those lines, what are people thinking about Glib 1.3 changes?
> >
> > I am interested in adding some ADTs, and already have a little bit of
> > code, stack and queue ADTs, in the GLIB_1_3_HACKS branch.  Below are
> > rough notes on my ideas.
> >
> > Comments and suggestions on the APIs of these new ADTs would be greatly
> > appreciated.
>
> how about a regex implementation ... it would be nice to have a portable and
> easy to use regex api in glib ... it doesn't have to be extremely
> sophisticated ... Ian already made some api and I think there was another one
> as well ...

What do you think about pcre?

ftp://ftp.cus.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/programs/pcre/

If pcre fits the bill, it may be better to link with it directly
than include it into Glib.  From freshmeat:

"PCRE implements a regular expression matching engine that's compatible
 with Perl 5.004's syntax. It can be used to add regular expression
 support to stand-alone applications without either embedding an entire
 Perl interpreter in the application, or settling for the more limited
 regular expressions included in libc."

	Jeff