Re: [Re: Bug in dragging from GtkListItem]

Owen wrote:

>Thanks for the bug report.

>The problem is that when the user release the button
>from a drag, gtkdnd.c fakes a button release on the
>source widget to convince it to release any grabs
>it has. But GtkList expects the button release to
>propagate to the GtkList widget, so it wasn't noticing
>the event sent to the button widget.

>The following is a half-fix - you'll notice that the list
>item is selected after the button release which is a bit
>odd, though better. That problem occurs because of the way
>GtkList expects propagation to occur. I'll have to think a
>bit more on how to fix that.

>Regards,
                                        Owen
I have been seeing something similar with ctree. When I
drag from the ctree when there is no selection after I drop
sometimes there becomes a selection. Most of the time the
selection becomes the first item in the ctree. Other times it
is the item under the mouse.

Is this the same problem?

Todd.