Re: [patch] gtk_spin_buttons

> With that patch the "text_changed" flag is a bit useless, because it will
> be TRUE most of the time. As soon as you press an up/down button
> gtk_spin_button_value_changed calls gtk_entry_set_text which will
> emit an editable::changed signal... So it would be easier to call
> gtk_spin_button_update within gtk_spin_button_get_value_as_float/int.
> Maybe it would be even better to make gtk_spin_button_update public.
> Unfortunately there is a feature freeze so for now one have to call
> gtk_signal_emit_by_name (sb, "activate") to easily force an update.

After using my patched version of gtk libs for a while and continuing
the development of a program of mine I ran into serious trouble with
the modifications. Calling gtk_spin_button_update from within the
..get_value.. functions isn't actually that desirable a thing after
all. I just wasn't used to the gtk way of doing things at the time.
atoi(gtk_entry_get_text(GTK_ENTRY(sb))) works just fine for my most
purposes and avoids all the troubles with automatic updating.

However, there are situations when the gtk_spin_button_update would
come in handy. So I agree that it would maybe be a good idea to make
it a public function.

--
Osku Salerma - osku@iki.fi - http://www.iki.fi/osku/
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.