Re: bug in signal lookup?

On Sat, Jan 09, 1999 at 06:07:56PM +0100, Marius Vollmer wrote:
> > Is it a bug or a feature? To me it looks like a bug.
>
> Looks like a bug to me, too.
>
> > The following program outputs "signal not found" when you comment
> > out the dummy gtk_label_new().  Signal creation is done the first
> > time an object is created and there is no way to force that without
> > creating an object.
>
> Would gtk_type_class work?

Oops, I missed that:-)
The point is, however, that if gtk_signal_lookup() takes a GtkType
as an argument, passing that should be enough for the functon to work.

> > There are two solutions to this: have an hook for type generation
> > (that can be of some use to interpreted languages also)
>
> I can't think of a use for that, but it doesn't hurt to have,
> either...

Perl/Guile could automatically load a module that handles that type, for
example.
I need it because a project of mine has a configuration file
somewhat like this:

GtkObject	signal_name		action
GtkEditable	activate		action2
etc...

Right now I have to poll from time to time to know if that
type exists and if I can da a gtk_signal_lookup on it etc...

lupus