Re: a GLib G_MALLOC_DOMAIN?

Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@pobox.com> writes:

> Does there exist in GLib a facility by which I may track memory
> allocations separated into distinct, named domains?
>
> It would be nice to have mem profiling spit out separate statistics
> depending on which part of a particular program did the allocation.  (or
> to get even more fancy, be able to turn on and off the profiling of
> specific domains)

Hmmm, I don't think this is all that useful. Real tools can
give you much more detailed specs.

(There are commercial tools like Insure and I have a nice little
quick hack that I wrote over a couple of weekends that gives
function-by-function mallocing profile statics under Linux/glibc,
which I would release, if I wasn't sure that there wasn't
already a better OSS solution out there that I'm too lazy
to find.)