Re: gnome_win_hints_init()

Owen Taylor writes:
 > > gnome_win_hints_init() unconditionally performs a collection of
 > > XInternAtom calls and is best done only once.
 >
 > Just to mention something - if you use gdk_atom_intern() caches
 > the atoms client side, so if you use that instead of
 > XInternAtom(), you may not care too much about whether you
 > make the call once or several time.

Good, I have switched the calls to use gdk_atom_intern.

 > > BTW, are we happy with gnome-winhints.c using X and gdkprivate.h ?
 >
 > As raster said, I don't think it really matters if portions
 > of code which are completely X specific use X calls.

Seems reasonable to me.

However, the Xlib property API is incredibly messy. I have been over
the gnome-winhints.c file and introduced the suggested function along
with a good deal more gdk in order to make the code simple enough to
see the wood for the trees. This revealed about half a dozen bugs.
I will commit when tested.

Felix