embedded gtk

Hi everybody,
i want to run the gdk/ gtk package without any X server. I hear that
there is a possibility to get it work with svgalib or a so called gd1
lib. But i can't find anything concret information about it. The result
should be a running gdk/ gtk on embedded system. The system consist of 8
MB flash and 16 MB ram. I think thats enough for a small embedded linux
with gtk.

Do you have any usefull information to me? It must not  a complete
solutio, i can help interate. But i don't know where to start.

Thanks in advance
Roman Jordan