Re: Plans for 1.3/1.4

On Sun, Feb 28, 1999 at 10:58:59AM -0800, Ian Main wrote:
> I think it's about time for a new file selector.  The current one is not
> very good I don't think.
>
> If I go crazy enough using this one I may take a stab at rewriting it.
> Anyone think of any good design ideas ?

	I can only think of one major design issue.  Please don't
emulate the awful Windows file dialog.  The drop down dir tree is the
most unnavigatable thing I've ever used.  If you wish to include one
(and some people do seem to like it), allow and option to change the
view.  I personally prefer the classic [[dir list] [file list]] layout.
It is clean and easy to navigate.

Joel

--

"I am working for the time when unqualified blacks, browns, and
 women join the unqualified men in running our overnment."

                                  jlbec@innerx.net
                                  http://ocala.cs.miami.edu/~jlbec