Re: Plans for 1.3/1.4

On 02-Mar-99 Havoc Pennington wrote:

> I didn't say that and never have. I am just saying, Gtk does not
> enforce
> much UI policy, and does not provide many of the features Gnome
> does.
> Which means, if you write a Gtk app you have to implement those
> features
> from scratch. Which means, it is harder to write an app in plain
> Gtk, or a
> plain Gtk app will have less features, or a plain Gtk app will be
> less
> bloated. Depending on your point of view.

The problem with GNOME is that the developer documentation is
virtually non-existant, which makes it a *lot* harder for a developer
moving to GNOME to get anything done. I know the GTK documentation
isn't perfect, but it at least gives a developer a head start.

-tony

---
E-Mail: trog@gtk.org
There's a fine line between courage and foolishness.  Too bad it's not a fence.

Go Bezerk! http://www.gtk.org/~trog