Re: Proposal: Addition of a random number generator to GLib

On Wed, 17 Mar 1999, Sebastian Wilhelmi wrote:
> I propose to include a random number generator into GLib and I propose to
> use Mersenne Twister, see http://www.math.keio.ac.jp/~matumoto/emt.html
> I have attached a patch to include the MT into GLib.

Maybe wrap the platform rand interfaces?  There may be some reason to
access the platform rand num generator instead of Glib's, and it would
be nice if there was a portable way to do this (w/ drand48 and friends,
not just rand and srand).

Otherwise looks good.  This will nicely complement the checksum module I
would like to add to Glib, for security work and authentication
especially.

	Jeff

grand.diff

grand.c