External event loop for glib?

Dear all,

We are strongly considering adding GTK+ support for the UNIX-versions of
several of our products. While some of the products are commercial, we see
that GTK+ support would strongly benefit the case of the users of the SSH
products.

The only major problem seems to be that glib has its own event loop. We
have an own event loop and would prefer using it instead.

I have the following questions:

a) Am I correct in that the best way to change the eloop implementation
   currently is to reimplement the appropriate glib functions?

b) Could the glib development team accept a patch that implemented a
   generic interface for using an external event loop and
   co-operate in designing such a patch (as the glib documentation is
   not *that* extensive yet)?

c) Is the licensing policy of Glib/GDK/GTK chaning in foreseeable
   future to something else from the GNU Library License? (In particular,
   to something that could prevent its usage in a commercial program that
   is not necessarily distributed as free source?)

--
Antti Huima
SSH Communications Security Oy