Re: External event loop for glib?

Hi Elliot,

Elliot Lee wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Mar 1999, Helge Hess wrote:
> > Antti Huima wrote:
> > >
> > > The only major problem seems to be that glib has its own event loop. We
> > > have an own event loop and would prefer using it instead.
> >
> > We have exactly the same problem and would love to have a generic
> > interface.
>
> I'm curious, what doesn't the glib event loop provide that is needed?

Probably nothing wrong, but missing knowledge on my side. Eg I didn't
know that it is possible to get the descriptor of a X connection to poll
at, how can I do that ?

So I think I should be able to add a callback to my eventloop that calls
something like 'while (gtk_events_pending()) gtk_processEvents()'. I'll
figure out how to do this.

Thanks
  Helge
--