Re: External event loop for glib?

Elliot Lee wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Mar 1999, Helge Hess wrote:
> > Antti Huima wrote:
> > >
> > > The only major problem seems to be that glib has its own event loop. We
> > > have an own event loop and would prefer using it instead.
> >
> > We have exactly the same problem and would love to have a generic
> > interface.
>
> I'm curious, what doesn't the glib event loop provide that is needed?

Just had a look again and what is confusing is gtk_main. gtk_main
doesn't only enter the runloop but initializes stuff as well. So what
(IMHO) would be needed are functions like this:

  gtk_prepare();
  FD_SET descriptors = gtk_runloop_descriptors();
  // own runloop
    if (descriptors were busy)
      gtk_handle_descriptors(descriptors)
  gtk_finish();

Right ? The way it currently is I have to copy most of gtk_main's code,
right ?

Helge
--
MDlink online service center