Re: gtk redraw improvement

[re: Gtk+ being too slow in redrawing:]
> I think that the pixmap method described earlier could totally resolve
> the problem, couldn't it?

	Why do people keep posting that Gtk+ is slow to redraw?

	Havoc has said that Gtk+ redraws are fast because they are so
close so Xlib.  I believe him.  In my experience, Gtk+ redraws are fairly
fast (I've never noticed them being slow).

	Are these people just confusing slowness in Gnome with slowness in
Gtk+?  Or are they confusing single-buffered flickering with slowness of
redraw?  Or is some extra pixmap buffering system really called for?

	...and in answer to the double-buffering question of the original
poster, it wouldn't make redraws faster, but *smoother*.  Things like
smooth scrolling (as found in MS-Windows) would happen without flickering.

--Derek