Re: Glib Semaphores

On addition of GSemaphore:

We seem not to have a conclusion to this yet.  One person
said great idea, one concludes horrible.

I don't agree that join is equal to semaphores.  That is
only true in the limited case of threads which terminate
imediately.  When doing some computation work like filtering
in semaphores may be used for check pointing prior to a thread
terminating.  But I doubt that Kaz Kylheku and I will ever
agree on this point.

Does everyone agree with Kaz's opinion?  If so I won't
bring up the issue again, but I just want to be sure.

Do we have some sort of vote site to decide these things or does
one person objecting equal exclude?  Who decides this kind of thing?

--Karl