Re: ANNOUNCE : Gtk-- 1.1.0 is released

Eek, all the constructors that wrap up existing C widgets have been made
protected!!!!

I've written a C++ library, libglademm, that uses libglade to load the
windows from the Glade project file. You can then ask the library for a
named widget which "wraps" the C widget in the appropriate gtk-- class
i.e. (lots of stuff removed)

    widget = glade_xml_get_widget( xml, name );

    if ( GTK_IS_BUTTON(widget) )
    {
        cppwidget = new Gtk_Button( GTK_BUTTON(widget) );
    }

    return cppwidget;

It works really well but, obviously, it relies on the castitem
constructors being public. Is there (a) a good reason for what you've
done, (b) a better way of doing it or (c) another library which already
does this?

Please, I need this feature or I'll have to rewrite a lot of code. If I
can get the library stable I was going to make it publicly available but
it's completely broken now.

Cheers, Matt.

--
* Matt Goodall, mgg@isotek.co.uk
* Isotek Electronics Ltd

begin:vcard
n:Goodall;Matt
tel;fax:+44 113 234 2918
tel;work:+44 113 234 3202/3
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
org:Isotek Electronics Ltd
adr;quoted-printable:;;Claro House=0D=0AServia Road;Leeds;W.Yorks;LS7 1NL;England
version:2.1
email;internet:mgg@isotek.co.uk
x-mozilla-cpt:;-21184
fn:Matt Goodall