Re: The best widget to use for graphics?

Jamie <jdl28@student.canterbury.ac.nz> writes:

> Hi everybody
>
> I am developing a graphical maths application, and need to have an image
> on the screen that is updated by my math code (which, incidentally, is
> in another thread).

Threading... ahem, good for you.  Keep in mind though that it is *one* thread
that can use the drawing functions.

> The drawing area widget looks good, but I can't find any docs on how to
> draw onto it.

If you have the sources to GTK+, then the directory `examples' contains the
demo `scribble' that should tell you a lot about drawing areas.

--
Giorgos Keramidas, <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
"What we have to learn to do, we learn by doing." [Aristotle]