Re: bug in gtk_widget_show_all or bug in my understanding

> That's not quite the issue.  I should be able to entirely omit the
> gtk_widget_show because at the end of building the window
> i issue gtk_widget_show_all.  The question is:  why do I have to issue
> the gtk_widget_show to make the menu item show?  The show_all
> should take care of that.

No, because the menuitems are stored in a different window to the menu.
gtk_widget_show_all(widget) only shows things in the same window as widget.

It is logical, I'm just not the best at explaining it...and I'm sure someone
else has already explained it better than me.

Iain