Re: glib arg parser

On Fri, Mar 31, 2000 at 08:47:36PM -0500, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> Proposal: popt seems to be very nice and meet all the needs anyone has
> ever come up with for an argument parser.

One feature that I miss from getopt and most other argument parsing
libraries is the ability to abbreviate argument names to a unique
leading substring (e.g., --geo instead of --geometry, so long as there
are no other arguments that begin with "geo").

It's not a big deal, but if someone's going to be hacking on popt
anyway, this would be a worthy enhancement.

-- John Kodis.