Re: Style Guidelines

 http://people.redhat.com/otaylor/egtk.el

>  > The * of a pointer declaration is next to the variable name, e.g.
>
> But for instance the Pango headers don't follow this? Is the rule
> different for pointer functions?

For variables, and for function arguments, the rule is absolute:

 gchar *str;

For functions returning pointers, and for isolated types in casts,
there is a little more variation and lack of agreement.

My general style is:

 GdkWindow *blah_get_window ();
 char *     blah_get_string ();
 (char *)foo;

But you'll also find:

 GdkWindow *blah_get_window ();
 char      *blah_get_string ();
 (char *) foo;

And even:

 GdkWindow* blah_get_window ();
 char*      blah_get_string ();
 (char*) foo;

Elsewhere in GTK+ [ Though for Pango, the third set is not
allowed. ]. So you could probably get away with any of them.

(Actually, you probably should go with '(char *) foo' over '(char
*)foo', since I don't object to the first, and Tim does object to the
second.)