gtkvscale

Hi!

I got a question and a little suggestion for GtkVScale.
The trough of the gtkvscale can currently not be changed at all. I see
several uses where it would be useful to be able to change width or
height of the trough. If you want to have a trough that is a little
wider than the slider you need to copy all the gtkvscale code and make
it a new widget this way. If you could do

range_class->pos_trough = gtk_newwidget_pos_trough;

then it would be no work at all and very clean code.
After that you have only two functions to write
(gtk_newwidget_pos_trough and gtk_newwidget_realize) and then you have a
new widget (for instance a thermometer).

To make this change is very little work. And it would increase the
ability of reuse of Gtk[VH]Scale very much. If you don't want to do it,
I'd be glad to submit a patch!

Sound like a good idea?

Tim Terlegård
timte878@student.liu.se

PS If you reply to this mail, please send a CC to me, because I'm not in
the list ...