apply g_string_free patch?

Tim, Owen,

    Is one of you willing to apply the g_string_free patch to glib I posted
here the other day, to add the feature that Michael Meeks asked for? (Or do
you want me to check the change in?) I don't think there's anything
contentious about it. No one has given any reason not to make the change.

<http://mail.gnome.org/pipermail/gtk-devel-list/2000-August/004194.html>

    The only thing I know of wrong with the patch is a tiny style issue: one
set of extra braces (fixed in my local copy).

    -- Darin