Re: File Dialog

Derek Simkowiak <dereks@kd-dev.com> writes:
> -> A new dialog would almost certainly use an icon list, and we don't
> -> have an icon list.
>
> 	How do you define "icon list"?  (Do you mean a list of standard
> icons to use for different file types?  Or do you mean a GtkList-like
> widget that will also hold icons?  Or something else?)

See the Qt or Windows file dialogs.

> 	There is a GtkIconList object shipped with the "GtkExtra" package,
> available from http://magnet.fsu.edu/~feiguin/gtk/ .  The code seems
> fairly clean.

See the archives of this list for the reasons that one isn't finished
enough for GTK+. It could be a start though.

> 	Question: Since the CList holds pixmaps, why would a GtkIconList
> would be necessary?

Because you don't want a single column of icons.

I suppose someone could do a file selector with optional list/icon
views, with only the list view in this release, using jrb's widget. It
would need to keep the tree widget private though so people wouldn't
use it directly.

Also there's the issue of hooks to enable the dialog to become
GNOME-ified, I believe this would mean all the filesystem access
functions should be virtual methods, at a minimum.

Havoc