Re: File Dialog

Derek Simkowiak <dereks@kd-dev.com> writes:

> -> Also there's the issue of hooks to enable the dialog to become
> -> GNOME-ified, I believe this would mean all the filesystem access
> -> functions should be virtual methods, at a minimum.
>
> 	I would like to have the "issues of hooks to enable the dialog to
> become GNOME-ified" clearly defined.  I want to make sure I do whatever's
> necessary with my widget.

I don't think this is even worth considering. The GNOME 2.0 file
selection dialog is likely to require so many kinds of changes to
provide all the features that are available with various GNOME
libraries, that is incredibly unlikely building on a Gtk-only widget
will be a at all useful (no matter how much a priori thinking about
what extensibility hooks might be needed has gone into it).

For example, one proposal on the table is to embed suitably
scaled-down (functionally, not just visually) versions of the various
Nautilus directory views via Bonobo.

 - Maciej