Re: File Dialog

On 25 Aug 2000, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> My reaction to that then is that we should skip the GTK selector
> revision for now. There is no point creating an incompatible GTK
> selector, then a GNOME selector that's different in look &
> feel. Shades of the 100-menu-APIs disaster.

I disagree with this.  Just because the Merced isn't available yet doesn't
mean that we should stick to the 486, eh.  We can still upgrade.

This shouldn't be the monumental task that mjs is looking for.  It's a
file selection widget, it's not like we're booting from it or something.
Take the current one, add tab completion and some aesthetic qualities and
viola.  We're golden.  That Mac-looking widget seemed a nice start.

Matthew