Re: File Dialog

On Fri, Aug 25, 2000 at 06:49:00PM -0700, Derek Simkowiak wrote:
> -> As long as it isn't a new API, just enhancing the widget with the
> -> current API, then I agree.
>
> 	The current API only has 5 functions (sans the _new).
>
> 	If I wanted to add some functions (like a set/get function to
> set/get the pixmap to use for directories, for example) would you object?

A feature I'd like to see (and others), is the ability to enable a
multiple file selection feature.  I imagine this would return a GSList
of files that the user has chosen.  I've seen several applications now
that hack into the filesel's GtkList to allow multiple selection.

I also support the work you guys are doing.  If you can get a good
filesel up that improves on the current one, and we can get it bug free,
I can't see why it shouldn't go in.  Most of this of course, depends on
the quality of the code for this new widget, and I think this is a
reasonable thing to judge for inclusion.

my $0.02

Ian