Re: Submenu navigation status?

Thus spake Mrcooger:
> Howdy folks. Back in June Nils Barth wrote a patch for the menu code that
> implemented improved submenu navigation. In early July, I made some
> modifications according to the email exchanged between Nils and Owen, and
> submitted a patch. I never got any email about it and I haven't seen any
> discussion of this feature on the list since then, and so I am wondering
> if this feature is no longer intended for this version of GTK+?

Hi -- just got back and unpacked from travels (more details at
www.advogato.org, username inri ; sorry for cluttering this list with
pseudo-diary entries).

Thanks for the changes/cleanup!

IIRC, one of the key problems with the patch is that instead of
grabbing the pointer via gtk_grab_add () when it left a menuitem
w/active submenu, it uses a kludge of trying to intercept signals at
other menu items, and this doesn't work reliably (Owen got this to
fail).

Thus, we should try to get this working with gtk_grab_add () if
possible, and once that is done (or proves to be ugly/impossible),
post/submit a finalized copy.

Are there any other issues to address?

I'd like to get cracking on this (shakes sand from clothes),
so I'll see about getting up-to-date with glib, gtk, pango, fribidi
(is that it?), and get this patch finished and spit-shined.

--
  -nils
Public key: http://www.fas.harvard.edu/~nbarth/pub-key.txt

PGP signature