Re: [Bugfix] Mergesort used in clist

Thomas Schultz <tststs@gmx.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> In case this has not yet been fixed: Using GTK 1.2.8, I was experiencing
> strange segfaults in a GNOME application and when I investigated into it,
> I found that there is a problem with gtk_clist_sort(): After calling it,
> row_list->prev will not be NULL, as it ought to be.

This was reported by two people and fixed few weeks ago, and was
reported on this list as well as recently as Monday. (Yet, the
bug is several years old!) Thanks for catching it, though,
anyways.

> P.S.: I just subscribed to this list; if it is not the right place for
> such bugreports, I'd be grateful for a pointer.

Well, bug reports are probably best sent to the bug tracker, so
they don't get lost. Though if you want comments on a patch,
sending it here is a good thing.

> I also could not find a
> "known bugs" page for GTK 1.2.8 - in case this problem is already fixed,
> it would certainly have saved me several hours of debugging. Does
> something like this exist?

Tou could look at the bugtracker. (bugs.gnome.org) Many (if not all)
fixed bugs will appear in the closed bug section. Except that the bug
tracker is in bad disrepair, and closed bugs are temporarily not being
shown on the bug tracking machine so that it doesn't completely die.