Re: Islamic implementation query

Hi Ali,

On Sat Dec 02, 2000 at 12:53:28AM -0200, Ali Abdin wrote:
-> I began implementing a glib "drop-in" for Islamic calendar support. I have
-> some questions though.

I doubt whether glib is a suitable place for the Islamic calendar
stuff. IMHO, it's far too non-general. I think you (or someone else)
even said the calendar isn't used so much in daily life, but is
mainly for religious purposes. This is not to say that some library to
calculate Islamic dates isn't useful to some people - it's just that I
don't think it belongs in glib, just like function for calculating
Eastern dates, the times of (sun|moon|...)rise and set etc. shouldn't
be in. So why don't you make a separate library?

--Dirk-Jan.