Re: GtkFB specific widgets.

Alexander Larsson <alla lysator liu se> writes:

> I'm currently hacking GtkManagedWindow, a widget that derives from
> GtkWindow, and adds border rendering and move/resize/close handling.

Wouldn't this be better handled as simply a modification for GtkWindow
that is present when compiling with FB support?

After all, when you create a window as GTK_WINDOW_TOPLEVEL not
GTK_WINDOW_POPUP, you expect it to get decorations. This would
make it easier to have programs that you can test on X and later
move to the framebuffer.

> This is nice to have for programs using GtkFB, but not interesting at all
> for X-based programs (except possibly when running without window
> manager).
>
> Should i place this widget in the gtk+ cvs tree? If so, should it be built
> only when compiling with the linux-fb gdk target?

Port specific widgets, if we need any should go in:

 gtk+/gtk/linux-fb/

Which we can handle as a convenience library like gtk+/gdk/linux-fb.